the financial aid office serves students who need financial assistance to obtain a college education. financial aid is an investment in your college education. online students are eligible for the same types of financial assistance available to on campus students. learning to budget your dollars while in school will help you on your path to graduation.
our general eligibility requirements are that you must
- demonstrate financial need (for most programs);
- be a U.S. citizen or an ;
- have a valid Social Security number (with the exception of students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau);
- be registered with if you’re a male (you must register between the ages of 18 and 25).
- be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program;
- be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for Direct Loan Program funds;
- maintain satisfactory academic progress in college or career school;
- sign the certification statement on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) stating that
- you are not in default on a federal student loan and do not owe money on a federal student grant and
- you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes; and
Show you’re qualified to obtain a college or career school education by:
- having a high school diploma or a recognized equivalent such as a General Educational Development (GED) certificate;
- completing a high school education in a homeschool setting approved under state law (or—if state law does not require a homeschooled student to obtain a completion credential—completing a high school education in a homeschool setting that qualifies as an exemption from compulsory attendance requirements under state law); or
- enrolling in an eligible career pathway program and meeting one of the described below.
male students must be registered with selective service to receive federal student aid. you also must register if you are a male and are not currently on active duty in the u.s. armed forces. if you are a citizen of the federated states of micronesia, the republic of the marshall islands or the republic of palau, you are exempt from registering. you can call selective service toll-free at 1-888-655-1825 for general information about registering, or register online at or via the .